RONIN International is a market research company that addresses the needs of research agencies through a portfolio of services designed for Business-to-Business and Healthcare requirements. Our London based International Research Centre operates both CATI and Online interviewing.
We work globally, employing a centralised operations model for consistent implementation and a one-stop-shop service. Typically undertaking the most challenging assignments from our clients, we deliver insightful, thorough and accurate results.
We are now looking for a Project Controller to join our CATI Centre team.
Project Controllers play an essential role in the productivity and quality of a project. The role entails a full understanding of the client requirements, ensuring there is sufficient supervision, interviewing quality control and interviewing teams to meet these requirements, along with client and supplier liaison and management. Through understanding and analysing each project, the interviewer and sample performance, and mentoring and monitoring your team you will maximise the productivity of each project while ensuring an RONIN’s bench mark quality standard is met.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to own their projects, to see them through from start to finish across markets. To take pride in delivering quality data on time while maximising profit.
- Complete projects on time and within budget while maintaining excellent quality standards.
- Ensure resources are available and booked to complete interviewing on time.
- Manage the workload of the QC team to ensure your projects have a high-quality standard and the you deliver accurate data.
- Gain a full understanding of the purpose of each project, and deliver this understanding in briefings to your team of Interviewers in a coherent manner.
- Recognise potential barriers before the start of, or early in a, project and offer solutions.
- Monitor key indicators of the Interviewers’ performance and mentor Interviewers to increase productivity.
- Analyse sample performance and availability.
- Investigate and resolve all client queries and complaints.
- Check quotas and review where necessary.
- Run daily reports to forecast the teams required with the sample available.
- Complete end of project reports. Ensuring all project stats are accurate and that projects are analysed fully to allow accurate costing on future projects and to increase productivity on following waves.
- Aid with recruitment and training of supervisors, interviewers and quality control staff as required.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders in a professional manner.
- Build a team moral, have your teams enthusiastic about achieving their goals.
- Encourage knowledge sharing among teams, ensure that all the knowledge gained is passed on.
- Think creatively to overcome obstacles, and encourage this in your teams.
- Carry out all project related admin tasks.
- Carry out interviews and set appointments where required.
- Other ad hoc duties required to meet business needs.
- Work anti-social hours as required.
- Have at least 1 year experience in market research
- Have experience of market research interviewing
- Supervisory or quality control experience in a CATI Centre is advantageous.
- The potential to understand the principles and aims of market research data collection.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Willingness to do what is necessary to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Natural problem solver
- Numeric and analytical
- Articulate and confident communicator
- A proactive attitude
- Good at working as part of a team
- Effective at passing on knowledge and skills to others.
- Take pride in the quality of your work
- Be approachable
How To Apply
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to our CATI Centre Director, David Burdon, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org